Why Add or "Extend" Forfeiture date to Leave?
You may want to add extra days of leave(e.g add back the forfeited Annual Leave) or staff can request for Compensation Leave(CL) with expiry date, i.e the number of days added/entitled would be auto-forfeited after the specific time.
How to Add or "Extend" Forfeiture date to Leave?
To set the forfeiture date to the number of days/hours added, you can make use of the function "Auto Forfeit in" in Attendance->Leave Entitlement.
- Go to Attendance->Leave Entitlement->choose the corresponding Leave Entitlement.
- Set the "Auto Forfeit in"
- You can set the unit of the expiry date as "Monthly" or "Daily", e.g if the days/hours added would be auto-forfeited after 3 months of the effective date, you can input 3 monthly.
- Repeat the above steps if the Leave Type has more than one Leave Entitlement
Application of the Forfeiture setting
- For staff, when "Request Entitlement" is allowed, they can request entitlement in ESS.
- you can enable the function by going to Attendance-->Leave Type
- For Admin Portal users, you can go to Attendance->Leave Adjustment->Add New.
- you can also export the file as the template in Leave Adjustment and add or "Extend" the Forfeiture date to Leave in batch
- For "extending" the original leave remain, the effective date would be the date after the AL is forfeited, e.g AL original would be forfeited on 31 Mar, then effective date would be 1 Apr.
When the application is approved or the new Leave Adjustment saved, a pair of Leave Adjustments would be created, which the one representing expiry is in negative. The negative balance would change to 0 if the staff take leave before the leave was forfeited.