What is leave adjustment?
Leave adjustment allows you to directly add or deduct the leave balance anytime, historical or future, just depends on the effective date you input.
When to use leave adjustment?
Balance adjustment – when you need to add or deduct the current leave balance.
Update B/F days for a specific year – when we need to update the B/F leave balance with an effective date, which is usually the end date of the common leave year.
How to update B/F days (Brought Forward days)?
Go to employee's placement for the current B/F days
You may wonder this B/F days was from last year, how can you adjust last year balance? Remember there is “effective date” in leave adjustment. For the common leave year start date 1 Jan 2018, you can just input 31 Dec 2017 as the effective date.
As it is 1 Jan 2018 now, the B/F leave balance will be updated as 10.00 days.
How to update B/F days (Brought Forward days) for all staffs at once?
It might be time-consuming to manually update leave balances for all staffs in Backstage, so this time you will be using the excel import function to update their balances at once. To update the correct B/F days for employees, you need the balance as of the last date of last common leave year.
- Go to “Analytics” to generate a “Leave Balance Report”.
- Then “As of Date” of this report should be the last day of the common leave year (eg:31 December 2017) to get the year-end balance.
- In ''Leave balance report'', you can calculate the amount for leave adjustment
- By using either ''Actual balance'' or ''Current balance''. You can paste the correct B/F balance next to ''Actual balance'' then calculate the difference between them by excel formula.
- The difference between ''Actual or Current balance'' and correct B/F balance will be used for leave adjustments.
- Go to ''Leave Adjustment'' to get the excel import file and paste the amount of difference, then import this excel file to Backstage, amounts will be updated as B/F days.