Why import Leave Entries
You have quite a lot of leave entries to be added to Backstage (e.g. initial leave setup, or a company holiday for everyone), as such you can "Import" Leave Entries in batch instead of one by one.
What you need
- Import Template file
- The leave record is in Excel format. You may need to adjust its layout to fit the import template. We will show you how in the next step.
- Check Leave Type Setting
- Go to Attendance-->Leave Type
- Check the "Leave Unit" is "Day" or "Hour"
- Update "Minimum days to applied" if needed, e.g set as "0.125" if staff can take 1 hour leave
- Set "Decimal Places" to "3" if needed
Steps to prepare the records in Excel format
- Go to Attendance-->Leave Entry-->Export
- By default, all Leave Entries are exported. You can search and limit the export result, e.g. with a particular staff number
- The exported Excel shares the same layout as the Importing Excel
- Please follow the existing excel format to input your data
- Delete all the existing data before importing
- Required data for each record:
- PlacementNumber: Placement Number of the staff taking the leave
- LeaveTypeCode: Leave Type Code of the leave
- LeaveFrom: Start date of the leave
- LeaveTo: End date of the leave
- AMPM: for leave taken within a day, you can put this as a shortcut without checking the exact time
- W: whole day leave
- AM: leave taken in the first half of the day
- PM: leave taken in the second half of the day
- StartTime: Start time of the leave. For leave taken within a day, you can specify the start time if AMPM is not applicable.
- EndTime: End time of the leave. For leave taken within a day, you can specify the end time if AMPM is not applicable.
- LeaveDays: Number of days/hours taken(which depends on the leave unit).
- It is optional. The system will calculate leave days according to the information input. Used only when you are importing beginning data when shift info is incomplete.
- Remarks: remarks to the record.
- E.g. For leave unit=Day, Working hours=8 hours
(please confirm the working hours by going to "Attendance"-->"Shift", break hours shoulw be excluded when calculating working hours)
- 1-hour leave , you can input LeaveDays as 0.125 ( 1 day/8 hours = 0.125 days)
- 2-hours leave, you can input LeaveDays as 0.25
- 0.5 (half day), you can just input AM/PM and let StartTime and EndTime be blank.
- 1.0 (whole day), you can just input W and let StartTime and EndTime be blank.
For multiple days(e.g. 4 days), you can input "4" as LeaveDays and input "W".
Steps to import the Leave Entries
- Go to Attendance-->Leave Entry-->Import
- Select the file, then Proceed.
- System will tell you the importing result and you can fix the data if needed