Why set up the initial leave balance
You are about to start using Backstage to record the leave of your staffs. Some staff have been working for years and previous leave details are not available. As such you will need to set up an initial leave balance for these staff.
What you need
- Specify a "cut off date"
- Prepare leave balance of staffs as of "cut off date"
- You already created the leave types and leave entitlements and assign these to the placement
Steps to setup initial balance (one by one)
- Check the leave balance of a particular staff in Backstage
- Compare the leave balance of Backstage with your balance
- Calculate the number of days that have to be deducted (or added)
- Insert a leave adjustment record
- Check and confirm the leave balance is now adjusted to the correct balance
Steps to setup initial balance (in batch)
- Generate Leave Balance Report as of "cut off date"
- You will get leave balance in Backstage of all staff. Make use of Excel formula to calculate the number of days that have to be deducted (or added) for each of them
- Obtain a template of leave adjustment, fill in the days you calculated. Imported the records.
- Generate Leave Balance Report to check that the leave balance is adjusted.