Why need to know the difference between Movement, Internal Transfer, Copy and Create New Placement?
When the staff have any position change(e.g promotion, contract renewal, changing from part-time to full-time and etc.), you may feel confuse about which function you need to use to record the staff movement.
Before defining which function you need to use, you need to consider the following things:
- The service year(s) of the staff would be counted continually or would be recalculated
- Leave balance would be transferred to the new placement or not
- ADW of the staff would be counted continually or would be recalculated
Difference between Movement, Internal Transfer, Copy and Create New Placement
When staff has promotion or any position/department change within the same organization, you can use the function Movement. As no new placement is created, the service year(s), leave balance and ADW of the staff would be counted continually.
- Go to the staff Placement profile->Organization/Position/Internal Grade->Add New
- Update the new job information(effective date, organization, position, internal grade and etc)
Sometimes, staff may transfer from A organization to B organization and the service year, leave balance, ADW history would be continue to the new placement. This time, you can use the function Internal Transfer.
- Go to the staff Placement profile->More->Internal Transfer
- Input the new job information(new Job Order, new placement number, organization, position and new start date) and termination reason
- Please update the "Continuous contract since" to new start date in the new placement profile for the leave entitled days calculation
- Placement number cannot be the same as the old one. You need to add suffix, e.g 0001 to 0001-2 or 0001A or change the old placement number first
- If there are many staff need to do the Internal Transfer, you can go to Staff->Placement->Batch Internal Transfer and transfer the staff in batch
Copy and Create New Placement
There would be a case the staff have contract renewal or change from Part-time to Full-time or vice versa and
- the service year(s) and ADW of the staff would be recalculated and the leave balance remain(if any) would be forfeited/already settled down.
For these cases, you can create a new placement or use the Copy function.
For the Copy function, it would just copy all the information in the placement profile you have chosen. You need to update the Start date and the job information manually
- Go to Staff Placement profile->More->Copy
- Input the new placement number and the staff who have position change->Save
- Update the Start date, the job information and leave entitlement(if needed)
- **If you would like to count the the service year(s) and ADW of the staff continually, please input the first join date of the staff in "Group Join Date"