What's a Supervisor?
Supervisors are able to perform different administrative rights in ESS(employee self-service) based on their roles.
Leave Approver (responsible for approving leave and timesheet)
Roster Manager (responsible for assigning shifts to the roster)
Expense Approver (responsible for reviewing expense claims)
Appraiser (responsible for reviewing appraisals)
Training Approver (responsible for approving training application)
Assistant (staff who can help submit leave applications on behalf of you in ESS)
Supervisor (view leave application, roster and timesheet only)
Set supervisors/subordinates for an employee manually:
1) Go to Staff --> Placement --> Relationship --> Add New
2) Approval sequence is the approval order for a leave application, eg: 1 for the first approver, 2 for the second approver and so on......
- If there is only one approver for this placement, set 1 at the approval sequence for one approver
- If there are two approvers for this placement, and the leave application can be approved by either of them, set 1 at the approval sequence for both approvers
- If there are two approvers for this placement, and the leave application can only be approved by two approval steps, set 1 at the approval sequence for the first approver, and 2 for the second approver
Import supervisors/subordinates for an employee by excel file:
(we suggest you add approver manually first before exporting the placement file, so you know what to input in the placement file for importing )
1) Go to Staff --> Placement --> Export
2) Open the placement file --> Go to Supervisor page --> Follow the format and fill in information
3) Import this placement file to Backstage and you will see both approvers/subordinates were already updated