Why create a new Pay Type?
You are about to pay staffs under a new payment category. You want to add this to Payroll.
Steps to create new Pay Type
- Create the new Pay Type
- Go to Payroll / Pay Type, and create the new Pay Type.
- Enable this Pay Type in Job Order Template
- Go to Payroll / Job Order Template, open the Job Order Template you want to enable the new pay type. Click into the Pay Type.
- Turn this on by clicking at "Is Active" option
- Review other setting and assign the proper value, e.g.
- Is Relevant Income for Hong Kong MPF calculation
- Is Taxable and the corresponding tax category
- Is disregarded days for excluding the days in ADW calculation
- Is disregarded wgaes for excluding the amount in ADW calculation
- Put in the pay formula
- If your pay type "has unit rate", then you need to assign both "unit rate formula" and "number of unit formula"
- If your pay type "has no unit rate", then you need to assign the "unit rate formula".
- Put [PR] at "Unit Rate Formula" and it will take what is defined in pay rate to payroll.
- Now you can see the new Pay Type showing up in Placement profiles
- Assign default pay rate if needed
- And you can now generate a new payroll and confirm the new pay type is working
- Remember, the new pay type will not show up in payroll generated previously. You will need to "Recalculate" any existing payroll to see it.