What is Holiday Group?
Holiday Group defines the holiday schedule for used by Roster. When a work day meet a holiday, the day will be regarded as a holiday and treated differently in attendance or leave.
You will be defining different Holiday Groups as needed. For example, there are two sets of Holiday in Hong Kong: the Public (Bank) Holiday and the Statutory Holiday. This is represented by two holiday groups and staff on different rosters will be assigned to one according to your policy.
What can be defined in Holiday Group?
Holiday Group Code: a short code to represent a Holiday Group.
Holiday Group Name: full name of the Holiday Group
Remarks: add your own comments.
Holiday: each Holiday Group can contain multiple Holidays
- Date: date of the holiday
- Description: description of the holiday
- Define Roster and assign Holiday Group accordingly
- Learn about how Holidays affect Timesheet and Leave Entries
- For Staffs with rotating roster, learn about how to create special Leave Entitlement that count number of holidays, and always treat holiday as work day.