What is Shift?
Shift defines a certain period of work or rest. It is the building block of the roster which contributes to how leave and timesheet are recorded.
What can be defined in Shift?
Shift Code：a short code to represent a shift.
Shift Name:：full name of the shift
- Workday means this shift represents a period of work
- Restday means this shift represents a period of rest
Start Time, End Time: the corresponding start time and end time of this shift
Break Start Time, Break End Time: if there is a break included in this shift, you can define the corresponding break start and end time.
Range before, Range After: use when you are recording actual attendance. The attendance records can be shown in the timesheet or not depend on the time range set in the Shift.
- Each of the start time, end time, break start time and break end time comes with the range before and range after. You can define a range of which a particular attendance raw data will fall within the time.
- For example, if you have start time at 09:00, and would like to record the time from 08:00 to 10:30 as start time, you can put range before = 60 and range after = 90.
Is Break Hour Paid: to define whether break hour is included in minimum wages calculation.
Divide into equal halves: when you have unequal hours in the first and second half of the shift, but you still want to instruct the system each represent half of the work days, turn this option on. This affects how leave days is recorded.
Standard Working Days: number of work day represented by this shift. A common workday will be 1 and a half work day on Saturday will be 0.5. This affects how leave duration calculated.
Standard Working Hours: number of work hours represented by this shift.
We have formulas to count the Overtime Minutes, Late in Minutes, Early Out Minutes, Short Minutes, and Meal Count. Please find us for more details.
Remarks: add your own comments.
- Define Roster which is built from Shift
Please sign in to leave a comment.