Backstage Appraisal module enables you to prepare appraisals for staff, and also make use of these result in Appraisal modules. The key records in this module are:
- Competency: set up the skills, knowledge, abilities, behaviours, and other characteristics needed to perform in the job and fulfil one’s job responsibilities.
- Competency Set: define the competencies that a group of staff(by job nature or grading) need to be assessed
- Section Template: setup the possible sections of the appraisal
- Appraisal Form Template: define the sections in the appraisal for a group of the staff
- Appraisal Batch: represent an appraisal that can be logically grouped together(by company or by job nature)
In Backstage, Appraisal has 3 sections: Objective, Competency, and General Question. Before setting up what sections contain in the Appraisal, you need to set up the competency first. Details user guide can take a look at the following page: Appraisal user guide
- Setting up Competency
- Backstage needs to know what are all of the competencies available in your company. Usually, this can be known from your existing appraisals form.
- Defining Competency Set
- Different groups of staff(by job nature, grading, or by company) would have different job responsibilities and you need to let Backstage know the competencies that this group of staff need to review.
- Setting Up Section Template
- Backstage needs to know all of the available sections in the appraisal before building up the appraisal form.
- Building up Appraisal Form Template
- After setting up the section template, you can add different sections into the appraisal form template and set up the appraisal form. For each section, you also need to define when it needs to be reviewed by staff.
- Updating Competency Set and Apprsiaer in staff Placement profile
- Before generating the appraisal form, you need to let Backstage know the Competency Set the staff needs to review and the Appraiser of the staff. Please go to Relationship and Appraisal part of the Placement profile to update the information needed.
Generate Appraisal Batch
Once the above configurations are done, you can generate Appraisal Batches and add Staff to the batch. Backstage will follow the Competency Set and Appraiser you defined to create the form. You can then further modify the Appraiser or the result if needed.
- Analysis Appraisal Result
- You are likely to make use of the Appraisal Batch result for further actions, e.g. review the staff salary. You can go to Analytic->Appraisal to get the analytic report. Once these are done, you can "Post" the appraisal batch to lock the result.