Why submit the Replacement, Supplementary, Additional forms of IR56B and IR56F?
Sometimes, after you have submitted the IR56B or IR56F to IRD, you find you have omitted some information or you want to amend the information previously reported on any form IR56 forms.
For the differences between Replacement, Supplementary, Additional, you can take a look at the following pages
Difference between Original, Replacement, Supplementary, Additional of the tax form, Or https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/ere_amd.htm
Steps to prepare and submit the Replacement, Supplementary, Additional form of IR56B and IR56F
- Generate the original IR56B or IR56F if you want to keep the copy
- Unpost the IR56B Batch if it is posted
- Update information in the staff's IR56B/IR56F
- Amend his/her type of form to "Replacement", "Supplementary" or "Additional"
- Go to More->"Generate IR56B for eTax"/ "Generate IR56f Xml"
- Choose the types of forms you need to generate("Replacement", "Supplementary" or "Additional"(the file would only contain the type of form you have chosen)
- Submit the generated file to the IRD via etax
Delivering IR56B or IR56F to your staffs
- If you have ESS module, once your IR56B batch is posted, your staffs will see it available for download in ESS.
- Alternatively, you can Print or Email the forms to staffs