What is this for?
You have staffs of which the company is providing placement of residence and you will have to report this when preparing Hong Kong tax forms IR56B, IR56F or IR56G to the IRD.
Steps to prepare the records for "Place of Residence Provided" section
- Configure the residence address of these staff.
- Go to Staff-->Applicant, open the Applicant profile.
- At Residence Address section, input the addresses as needed
- When generating tax form, the system will check the corresponding effective date of these address records, and insert the first 2 valid within the tax year to the tax form. If you have more than 2 residences provided, please submit a separate tax form
- Check the Job Order and make sure the tax category for pay types is correctly configured.
- Go to Payroll-->Job Order Template, open each of the related Job Order
- Check the relevant pay types, and make sure they are configured to either:
- Rent to Landlord by Employer (1 or 2)
- Rent to Landlord by Employee (1 or 2)
- According to their nature, amount for "Rent to Landlord by Employee" will be copied to "Rent Refunded by Employer" by Backstage so you only need one pay type to insert to both tax categories.
- Rent Refunded by Employer (1 or 2)
- Rent to Employer by Employee (1 or 2)
- Repeat the above for all staffs and job orders.
- You are ready. System will take your configuration and fill in the tax forms as directed.
- Please refer to the IRD document https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/pdf/pam44e.pdf for guidelines of preparing this section.