Why update multiple records?
You need to update something for multiple records (e.g. bank account number in Staff Profile or MPF trustee in Placement profile). Instead of updating one by one, you would like to update these records in batch.
Steps to update multiple records
- Go to the List page, check if there are "Export" and "Import" button
- if yes, which means you can do multiple update. Please read on.
- if you need any help updating records with no "Export" and "Import" button, let us know
- Click "Export" to export the template file with the data in the system
- You can first search the records and system will only export those records from your search result.
- It is suggested to first manually update one of the records in the system, then you can use that record as an example later
- Open the file in Excel, modify the values
- You may note multiple worksheets in Excel if that is complicated records that contain sub-records. You can delete the worksheets that you are not working with, to make sure the system will not touch those records.
- Similarly, at the worksheet with your records of interest, you can delete columns that you are not intended to modify. Keep only the "key number" (e.g. placement number for placement, applicant number for applicant) and the column you are modifying
- As suggested, if you want to update the same value to everyone, you can refer to the record that you manually modified before, and copy that value to all other records (it applies to cases when you need to refer to something else, e.g. when assigning MPF trustee, we use MPF Trustee Code as reference). Otherwise please fill in the value you need.
- Details you can take a look Tips for updating the data through Excel import
- Import the Excel by clicking Import, and proceed
- System will tell you the import result