To import daily roster in batch, you need an import template, please download the attachment at the bottom
1) Follow the cell format to input roster code, shift code and date (also the location code and leave if needed)
2) Go to "Attendance" --> ''Roster''
3) "Import" --> Select the excel template you have edited
*The column "LocationCode" and "Leave" is optional.
**PLEASE Follow the exact format in this import template, where the date should be 11/1/2017 or 11/Jan/2017, not 11-Jan-2017 or other formats.
Otherwise, it can't be imported.
***You can enable "Automatically assign the roster to the placement whose placement number exactly same to the roster code?" if you want to assign the roster to placement through roster import. When the roster code is the same as the placement number, this roster would automatically be assigned to that placement.
Otherwise, do not enable this option. An error message would be shown and you cannot import the roster.
In the roster, Shift and Leave are two things and they are separated. Although you have a shift called AL, it does not mean a leave entry would be automatically created when you assigned AL shift to the staff.
Now, you can import the leave entry together with the shift. There are 2 format for importing the Leave Entry through roster import.
- 1. You need to add the extra rows with the row header "Leave"(like the attached file) and input the leave information in the corresponding date cells in the extra "Leave" rows;
The followings are the possible values of the leave information for the different leave cases:
- "AL": This is for taking a whole day AL;
- "AL,": This is for taking a half day (AM) AL;
- ",AL": This is for taking a half day (PM) AL;
- "AL,SL": This is for taking a half day (AM) AL and a half day (PM) SL;
- "AL[[09:00-16:00]]": This is for taking AL for specific time: from 09:00 to 16:00;
- 2. The shift and leave entry combine in one cell.
AL|AL means import shift AL with leave entry taking a whole day AL
AL|AL, means import shift AL with leave entry taking a half day (AM) AL
AL|,AL means import shift AL with leave entry taking a half day (PM) AL
SL|SL,AL means import shift SL with leave entry taking a half day (AM) SL and a half day (PM) AL;
Besides, if you tick the box "Delete all existing leave entry(s) on the date?" when importing the roster, the leave entry you imported or created before would be deleted and replaced by the leave entry you import.
But, the leave entry would NOT be deleted if you have not entered any leave entry when importing the roster, i.e only have shift "AL" but not "AL|AL"
If you just want to delete the leave entries you have imported through roster importing but no new entry would be created, you need to
- Update the shift with | ,e.g if the staff was AL, new her shift is 0900-1800, then it would be changed from "AL|AL" to "0900-1800|"
**Remember to put that "|" so that the system can delete the previous leave entry you have imported.
- Enable the option "Delete all existing leave entry(s) on the date?" when importing the roster.