Why need to update staff position/department?
When staff have promotion or changing department, you need to update their position title, department, or internal grade.
How to Update Staff position/department
- Go to Staff-->Placement' --> ''Position''/ ''Organization'' /"Placement Type"/"Internal Grade"
(Both will lead you to the same page)
- Click "Add New" and input the information that needs to be updated with correct Effective Date
(Movement Type, Placement Type, and Internal Grade can be ignored)
- Effective date: Effective date of this promotion/adjustment
- Movement Type: define the type of the movement, e.g. Promotion, Reallocation. You can define this at Master Data --> Movement type. Leave it blank if you do not record it.
- Organization: input the new department if staff has reallocated to another department
- Position: input the New title of the position if staff has changed the position
- Placement Type: define the type of Placement, e.g. Permanent, Temporary, Part-time, Full-time. You can define this at Master Data --> Placement type
- Internal Grade: define the grading of the staff
- Go to Staff->Placement->Export the excel as the template->find the sheet "Movement"
- Delete other unused excel sheets and the existing records in the sheet "Movement" to avoid any duplication of data, i.e just import the new records
- Take the existing records as an example and follow the format to input the data
- column B "AssociateName" can be deleted as the system just recognized the placement number
- Import the file to the system