Payroll batch records payments within a pay period, mostly within a month(eg: 1 Jan - 31 Jan).
What is included in payroll:
- Employee's salary and deduction
- Employee's MPF contribution date and relevant MPF amounts
- Pay date and payment method for payment transfer
- Autopay file generator for bank transfer
Note: MPF contribution is only applicable to employees under Hong Kong Employment Ordinance
1) Add a new payroll batch
Before importing payroll records, you are going to see what is included in a payroll batch,
- Go to Payroll --> Payroll
- Add New
- Select Employer of this payroll batch and related dates
After saved, a new screen will be prompted, which you can see there are no placements displayed in this batch.
- Add Placements
- After placements were added, click on one placement to check details
- All pay types were shown here for you to check the pay rate(HKD), pay unit(Working) and amount($10000.00)
You can also adjust the value of the pay rate(HKD), pay unit(Working) and amount by clicking in the field.
Note1 * This rule applies to adjustment in payroll batches only: If the pay type(eg: P10 Double Pay) has a pay unit (0.00 hour), do not manually input or adjust the amount($10000.00), but input pay unit to let Backstage calculate for you. Because manually input amounts and left pay unit stay zero will cause errors.
2) Import payroll details for a payroll batch
- Click on payroll batch where you will see a general view of the payroll batch
- More --> Print Payroll Import Template
Note1* Make sure all placements were added to this payroll batch, so you can import amounts for them.
Note2* If you want to import 12 months payroll records, you need to first create 12 payroll batches for each month in Backstage.Then you can import payroll records to those 12 batches respectively.
Open Payroll Import Template, unhide all hidden pay types(If pay type amounts were zero, columns will be hidden, so need to unhide them)
- Delete columns after Gross Amounts If you want Backstage to calculate MPF amounts based on pay amounts you have input. Otherwise, you can input the MPF amounts manually.
Input amounts for all types of payments, then import this payroll details template to payroll batch.
Import --> Select this file to import --> Pay Amount
After imported, double check the pay amounts/deductions and MPF amounts for placements
''Post'' these payroll batches once all amounts were confirmed. When a payroll batch was ''Post'', all amounts cannot be modified and payslip will be visible to employees in ESS, so make sure amounts were correct before ''Post''.
Please sign in to leave a comment.